Here are three common marketing mistakes and what you can do to overcome them:
1. Not Having a Plan
– Don’t treat marketing as an afterthought or as something you only do when you’re “slow!”
– Marketing should be a coordinated effort across business units.
– You should re-evaluate your marketing efforts regularly and modify as needed.
2. Not Having a Clear Brand Story
– Story is what people connect with!
– Make your customer the focus of your marketing messaging and the stories you tell.
3. Trying To Be Everything For Everyone
– Know who your audience is and keep them in mind when creating your marketing.
– Write content with your ideal customer in mind.
– Know that you won’t connect with everyone (and that’s ok!). With an authentic brand and voice, those that you do connect with will be the best fit for you.